Digital File Delivery
Post Haste’s dynamic encoding and decoding processes power your HD and SD workflows. We have three systems for file creation: Adobe Premier Pro / After Effects (CS6), Digital Rapids Transcode Manager and Final Cut Systems. We ingest from any media, data or tape, including conversions. We then transcode to create a wide range of file formats to meet your delivery requirements. We offer current file wrapping, such as DCP, J2K, AVI, EST VOD, Broadcast Quality tape replacement files and all Quicktime codecs. Baton and Open Cube insure file quality and integrity. Any problems detected can be rectified in the same facility, whether audio or video, to assure on-time deliverables that are right the first time.
Post Haste’s visionary visual effects artists employ 2D and 3D virtual camera compositing technologies to offer imaginative solutions for even your most troublesome problems. Remove wires and boom microphones. Fill-in ceilings on a set. Match-move to replace images: change signs, logos or pictures on walls. Mask (blur) faces for legal purposes. We will show you how you can truly “fix it in post”.
Closed Captioning – Per the new law effective April 1, 2012, all streamable media, including On-Demand, must include closed captioning. Post Haste will help you meet this new requirement using the new flagship software, CPC-HD.
- On February 20, 2014, the FCC set new, improved rules for TV closed captioning to ensure that viewers who are deaf and hard of hearing have full access to programming, resolving concerns on captioning quality and providing much-needed guidance to video programming distributors and programmers. See http://www.fcc.gov/guides/closed-captioning
The new rules apply to all television programming with captions, addressing quality standards for accuracy, synchronicity (timing), program completeness, and placement of closed captions, including the requirement that captions be:
- Accurate: Captions must match the spoken words in the dialogue and convey background noises and other sounds to the fullest extent possible.
- Synchronous: Captions must coincide with their corresponding spoken words and sounds to the greatest extent possible and must be displayed on the screen at a speed that can be read by viewers.
- Complete: Captions must run from the beginning to the end of the program to the fullest extent possible.
- Properly Placed: Captions should not block other important visual content on the screen, overlap one another, run off the edge of the video screen, or be blocked by other information.
At Post Haste Digital, we use a variety of industry preferred tools to not only meet, but exceed these basic requirements.
For creation, we use MacCaptions by Telestream (www.telestream.net/captioning/)
- Caption Authoring, Timing, & Formatting
- Auto Time Stamp
- Export SCC (CEA-608) & MCC (CEA-708) files
- Burn-In Subtitles and Basic DVD Subtitles
- Subtitle Overlay
- TV Broadcast and VOD Media (Apple ProRes, MPEG-2, H.264, MXF, Tape, etc)
- Export Caption Interchange Files (CAP, TDS, ULT, etc)
- Import plain text, SCC, MCC
- Extract CC from video files (MOV, MXF, MPEG-2, etc)
- Reformat Pop-On / Roll-Up
Our experienced staff is up to the challenge of exceeding your expectations for deliverable requirements. We have a multi-step system of checks and balances to ensure accuracy. From creation to completion, Post Haste Digital can handle all of your captioning needs.
With Post Haste’s Creative Video Suite, we utilize Adobe software including Premiere Pro, After Effects and (loaded with industry standard plug-ins) to remove scratches, pixel and other artifacts from your project. Our advanced technology will also stabilize images, like shaking title cards, with no degradation of images.
Post Haste’s experienced staff is ready to give your project the highest levels of quality control, offering complete source QC and 100% viewing with full reports. Our expert technical liaisons communicate with you to offer timely in-house solutions for any problems detected. Our quality control bays can accommodate any size job on a quick turnaround, and are available with our seasoned operators, or for third-party QC.
To supplement our in-house QC staff, we use Baton by Interra Systems (http://www.interrasystems.com/file-based-qc.php). Baton is an enterprise class automated file-based QC solution used around the world. It can be set up to test not only the presence of Closed Captioning, but detect and report any dropouts as well.
- Caption Data – Divicom 608
- Caption Data – SCTE-20 608
- 608 Services & Count
- 708 Services & Count
- 608 Languages
- 708 Languages
- Paint Style
- Check Profane Words
- Program Rating
- Program Name
- CGMS-A (Copy Generation Management System – Analog)
Post Haste offers complete standard conversions and duplication services that are unmatched for quality of both product and service. We use Tenarex converters, and formats available include HDCAM SR, HDD5, HDCAM, DBC, DVCam, and Beta SP, as well as audio and data duplication. Inquire also for any formats not listed! Move that material from old, unsupported formats to newer standards. Post Haste can handle any size order on a fast turnaround, and our expert customer service representative carefully follow-thru on each job, so that orders are free of technical glitches, including troublesome labeling errors. Our computerized inventory and vaulting systems assure the secure movement of your masters and new materials until your job is complete, always on time, and courier service is available to meet your urgent needs.
Creative Video Editorial
When you require broadcast, syndication or airline versions, our seasoned editors will meet your needs. We utilize Adobe Premiere Pro to create and edit from 4K down. Whether it’s to edit for time or censorship, or repurposing for different platforms, Post Haste is there for you. We will also format materials to your broadcast specifications by adding textless, bumpers and trailers. As always, it’s done with the greatest of care.
Localization, Subtitling and Title Design
Post Haste offers a full range of on-screen graphics services including:
- Using client’s material, Post Haste will replace English titles, credits and signs with foreign language text that match the original font.
- From your script document or data, we will create aesthetically pleasing and readable subtitles, using the latest software.
- Creative Title Design
- More than just text over picture, Post Haste can design distinctive, original title sequences in animated 3D, or using particle effect, create astounding imagery! Also, we can generate credits for either card or crawl.